Right after installing Windows, you usually have a lot of other stuff to do, like upgrading drivers, installing Windows updates and installing new software. The "Sleep" function might interfere with all of that.
- Open Control Panel
- Select System and Security/Hardware and Sound/Power Options
- On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does"
- Set both "When I close the lid: options to "Do nothing"
- Go back to "Power Options" and select "Change when the computer sleeps"
- Set both "Put the computer to sleep" options to "Never"